[Revealed] Most Visited Cities in the World 2019
Bangkok named as the most visited cities in the world for the fourth year in a row, while Paris overtakes London for the second spot, according to a new report on Mastercard Global Destination Cities Index as quoed by CEOWORLD Magazine.
The Southeast Asian metropolis clock up 22.78 million overnight international visitors in 2018 with expected growth of 3.34% in 2019.
Mastercard acts as the technology partner for the global travel and tourism industry to better understand tourism spending patterns and deliver more connected and inclusive experiences
Here are the 20 most visited cities around the world, ranked in ascending order by the total number of international visitors they’re set to receive.
- Hong Kong — 8.23 million (international visitors)
- Bali, Indonesia — 8.26 million
- Palma de Mallorca, Spain — 8.96 million
- Barcelona, Spain — 9.09 million
- Milan, Italy — 9.10 million
- Pattaya, Thailand — 9.44 million
- Phuket, Thailand — 9.89 million
- Mecca, Saudi Arabia — 10 million
- Osaka, Japan — 10.14 million
- Seoul, South Korea — 11.25 million
- Antalya, Turkey — 12.41 million
- Tokyo — 12.93 million
- Istanbul — 13.4 million
- New York City — 13.6 million
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia — 13.79 million
- Singapore — 14.67 million
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates — 15.93 million
- London — 19.09 million
- Paris — 19.1 million
- Bangkok — 22.78 million
Why you report this article?
What do you think?
Give a comment