The World’s Top 25 Best Island Destinations In 2019 Revealed
Sea is one of those places which rejuvenate the soul and mind. The ocean waves, sandy ground and beautiful landscape make it the most unique natural habitat in the world. For people of all ages, the sea offers something exciting and memorable. Especially for those who look for some sunshine and relish adventures, the sea is the perfect place. Whether it is to enjoy a bit of surf or relax with a book lying on a hammock, sea offers it quite admirably. Here are some of the greatest sea destinations in the world which one cannot afford to miss!
It’s not surprising that the Pacific outcrop of Maui in Hawaii has been named as the best island destination in the world to visit as a tourist, according to teh CEOWORLD magazine, while Fiji and Tahiti placed second and third, respectively. Overall, among the top ten best island destinations in tehn world, the 4th, 5th, and 6th positions are held by Bora Bora, Maldives, and US Virgin Islands (also know as American Virgin Islands).
Seventh place was given to the Greek island of Santorini, whose famous white-stone houses carved into cliffs make it one of the most-popular islands in the Cyclades island chain. While the Spanish Balearic Island of Majorca takes 8th place, the Indonesian island of Bali and Thailand’s largest island of Phuket feature in the rest of the top 10.
The World’s Top 25 Best Island Destinations In 2019:
- Island of Maui, Hawaii, United States: Check out Napali Coast cliff for an adventure sea evening or for a laid back experience, get to Po’ipu Beach for a relaxed feel. Swimming at this beach is one crazy activity and make sure that precautions are needed through lifeguards. Also check out underwater scenery in Hanalei Bay, Ke’e Beach or Tunnels Beach which has snorkeling options.
- Fiji Islands: A group of 333 islands, Fiji offers the best sea spots for the passionate traveler with pristine sands, sparkling shore and starry nights, These islands were also featured in Hollywood’s much-admired film Cast Away as well. Catch a ferry from Port Denarau to visit Mamanucas which consists of 20 islands. Also, check out Qalito and Vomo island.
- Tahiti, Windward Islands, French Polynesia: If you love French cuisine and want to enjoy the same by visiting a beach, Tahiti is the best destination. The 118 islands here are beautiful with lush jungles, breathtaking resorts and gravel like sandy shores. For surfing options, check out Papenoo Beach on Tahiti Nui.
- Bora Bora, Leeward Islands, French Polynesia: Despite being small in the size front, Bora beach is a must visit place for sea lovers. Maitra beach is perfect for sunbathing and having a relaxed walk over the silvery shore. Head to Mount Otemanu for stunning views and tranquil water. Also, try out snorkeling and shark-feeding outings which quench your adventurous spirits.
- Maldives: For turquoise colored amazing water shoes, Maldives is the majestic sea destination. Various ring-shaped atolls and hundreds of islands –it is a mesmerizing experience for sure. Pearly sands, amazing palm trees, and swift sunsets is an additional advantage to this marvelous destination.
- US Virgin Islands (or American Virgin Islands): To a traveler who is in the lookout for a beach which is secluded and relaxed, head to St.John’s beach and also experiences the quieter sands at Caneel Bay for a private blissful feel. For all the privacy-seeking honeymooners, spend a night at Caneel Bay to get through an unforgettable time. To get on the adventurous side, head to St , Croix’s Sandy Point National Refuge and watch the sea turtles as well.
- Santorini, Greece.
- Majorca, Balearic Islands, Spain.
- Bali, Indonesia. Bali is the most popular island holiday destination in the Indonesian archipelago. The island’s home to an ancient culture that's known for its warm hospitality. Exotic temples and palaces set against stunning natural backdrops are some of its top attractions. Dining in Bali presents endless choices of local or far-flung cuisine. After sunset, famous nightspots come to life offering exciting clubbing and packed dance floors. Inland, towering volcanoes and pristine jungles greet you with plenty to see and do. Most can't stay away from the beach for long, though.
- Phuket, Thailand: What more can be amazing than visiting the pristine beach in Bangkok? Explore a long-tail boat in Nai Harn Beach located at the southernmost point of the place. This beach is more popular among the locals for the sandiness and crystal clear water. Indulge in relaxing spa treatments in Buddhist sites such as Big Buddha and Wat Chalong Temple. If you are an animal lover, visit the Soi Dog Foundation to witness rescued cats and dogs.
- Ibiza, Spain.
- Fernando de Noronha, Brazil.
- Turks and Caicos.
- Palawan, Philippines.
- Langkawi, Malaysia.
- Whitsunday Islands, Australia.
- Moorea, Windward Islands, French Polynesia.
- Mykonos, Greece.
- St. Vincent & the Grenadines.
- Cayman Islands.
- Crete, Greece.
Source : CEO WORLD