What Makes Passport from Some Countries so Powerful?
The Henley Passport Index has issued its quarterly report of the most powerful passports for 2023. For the fifth consecutive year, the Japanese Passport has acquired the title of the World’s Most Powerful Passport with the holders having visa-on-arrival or visa-free access to 193 countries. Singapore, which remains at second place, having visa-free access to 192 countries, the most powerful di Southeast Asia.
Why is Singapore passport so powerful? There are of course several reasons. A Singaporean passport is highly powerful due to the extensive visa-free and visa-on-arrival travel opportunities it provides its holders. Singaporean passport holders can visit more than 192 countries visa-free beginning in 2023 according to Henley Passport Index 2023. This is because of Singapore's reputable political and economic stability and its excellent diplomatic relations with other countries. Singaporeans may also be seen favorably by foreign governments because of the country's low crime rate and excellent standard of living.
Several things can increase a passport's effectiveness:
- Visa-free or visa-on-arrival access: A passport that allows its holder to enter a large number of countries without obtaining a visa in advance is considered more powerful.
- Strong diplomatic relations: A country with strong diplomatic relations with other nations is more likely to have a powerful passport, as those nations are more likely to grant visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to its citizens.
- Economic and political stability: A country that is economically and politically stable is more likely to have a powerful passport, as its citizens are viewed as low-risk travelers.
- Low crime rate: A country with a low crime rate is more likely to have a powerful passport, as its citizens are viewed as low-risk travelers.
- High standard of living: A country with a high standard of living is more likely to have a powerful passport, as its citizens are viewed as high-income travelers.
- Global recognition: A country with a global recognition is more likely to have a powerful passport, as it's citizens are viewed as less risky travelers.
These are not the only elements that determine a passport's validity, but they are the most important ones.
Why you report this article?
What do you think?
Give a comment