Singapore Changi Airport has been rated as the top airport in the world by the website airhelp.com
The site rates the world’s airports using three criteria and analysis conducted on Twitter. The criteria in question are on-time performance, quality of service and passenger sentiment.
Across the three, Changi scored 8.8 out of 10 for on-time performance, with only 12% of flights in 2016 delayed and less than 1% cancelled. It also got 10/10 for quality of service thanks to a 5/5 Skytrax rating and its passenger sentiment score was 6.1, taking customer responses from Twitter.
Munich International Airport came second in the table with 8.2 for on-time performance, 10 for quality of service and 4.8 for passenger sentiment, while Hong Kong International Airport was third with 7.5 for on-time performance, 10 for quality of service and 5.6 for passenger sentiment.
The top 10 airports, according to airhelp.com, are:
- Singapore Changi Airport
- Munich Airport International
- Hong Kong International Airport
- Copenhagen Kastrup Airport
- Helsinki-Vantaa Airport
- Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport
- Barcelona-El Prat Airport
- Madrid Adolfo Suarez-Barajas Airport
- Auckland International Airport
- Frankfurt International Airport