World's 10 Best Hotels in the World 2017
Every year for our World’s Best Awards survey, Travel+Leisure asks readers to weigh in on travel experiences around the globe — to share their opinions on the top hotels, resorts, cities, islands, cruise ships, spas, airlines, and more. Hotels were rated on their facilities, location, service, food, and overall value. Hotels were classified as City or Resort based on their locations and amenities.
Just where in the world is our No. 1 winner? You’ll need a passport to get there, and you’ll probably want to pack a bathing suit. But leave the surfboard at home — the resort’s got you covered.
This year’s list of the best 100 hotels — which include exclusive safari lodges, urban sanctuaries, and family-friendly beach resorts — will inspire some serious wanderlust. Here's the Top 10 Best Hotels :
10. Zarafa Camp, Selinda Reserve, Botswana
10. Rosewood CordeValle, San Martin, California
9. Inn at Willow Grove, Orange, Virginia
8. Cavas Wine Lodge, Mendoza, Argentina
7. Triple Creek Ranch, Darby, Montana
6. Tswalu Kalahari, Tswalu Kalahari Reserve, South Africa
5. Gibb’s Farm, Karatu, Tanzania
4. Lodge at Kauri Cliffs, Matauri Bay, New Zealand
3. Lodge & Spa at Brush Creek Ranch, Saratoga, Wyoming
2. The Brando, Tetiaroa, French Polynesia
1. Nihi Sumba Island (formerly Nihiwatu), Indonesia
"Our readers have found a new paradise beyond Bali — and it’s Nihi, an eco-friendly resort on the Indonesian island of Sumba. “It is the epitome of escape, adventure, and luxury,” said one fan. Surfers know it because of Occy’s Left , one of the world’s most incredible waves — but you’ll be forgiven for skipping out on that activity in favor of fishing, visiting traditional villages (nearly all of the staff comes from the island) or trekking to nearby waterfalls. The spacious villas play off the jungle-and-beach setting by using organic materials (natural stone, teak wood) and many are big enough to accommodate multigenerational groups. “The people of Sumba are so warm and beautiful,” wrote in one family. “They will forever be in our hearts and soul.”
Source : Travel + Leisure
Why you report this article?
What do you think?
Give a comment