Attending the ASEAN Summit, Jokowi: "I want our partnership to be stronger"
The ASEAN-New Zealand Summit Meeting will initiate a series of ASEAN summits with Jokowi's partners will participate in,
"I would like to start this meeting by congratulating Jacinda Ardern on her re-election as prime minister of New Zealand," Jokowi said on Saturday.
"Today, ASEAN and New Zealand celebrate their 45-year partnership. I want our partnership to be stronger on some of the key issues in the future. "
He said ASEAN countries must emulate New Zealand by strengthening relations with countries in the South Pacific region.
"This good relationship will strengthen our partnership in the South Pacific, especially in the fields of fisheries and climate change. The ASEAN Outlook on the Indo-Pacific is our stepping stone to develop our cooperation with the South Pacific, " said the President of Indonesia welcomes New Zealand's decision to sign a Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP), strengthening multilateral cooperation in the region.
Based on a press release from the Presidential Secretariat, Jokowi will attend the 2nd biennial ASEAN-Australia Summit the 23rd ASEAN Plus Three (APT) Summit by highlighting efforts to strengthen economic integration with the Australian agreement to sign the RCEP.
"I believe RCEP will be a catalyst for economic recovery in the region, even the world," said Jokowi.
He also encouraged more substantial stability and security in the region as a foundation for post-pandemic economic recovery. The President also scheduled to attend other ASEAN-related summits in the afternoon, including the ASEAN Plus Three (APT) Summit, the meeting of APT leaders at the East Asia Business Council (EABC), the launch of the 15th ASEAN and East Intelligent Logistics Network. Asia Summit.
Then, followed by the APT Leaders Meeting with East Asia Business Council (EABC) Representatives.
In the afternoon, Jokowi scheduled to attend the launch ceremony of the ASEAN Smart Logistics Network (ASLN) with the First Project "Vihn Phuc ICD Logistics Center (SuperPort)." Meanwhile, in the evening, the former governor of DKI Jakarta attended the 15th East Asia Summit.
Citing a press release from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the ASEAN Summit with partners will produce several agreements.
- Joint Statement on Human Capital Development related to the development of human resource capacity in the region through education, health, community economy, and technological improvements.
- Joint Statement on Enhancing Cooperation under FTA and Combating COVID-19 regarding a joint commitment to reduce the pandemic's impact on trade, global and regional investment, and restore economic and trade confidence by ensuring market openness, trade facilitation, and sharing of experiences/information.
- Joint Statement of the Second ASEAN-Australia Biennial Summit.
- Joint ASEAN-New Zealand Leaders' Vision Statement on the 45th Anniversary of ASEAN-New Zealand Dialogue Relations: A Legacy of Partnership, A Future Together.
- Joint Statement of the 23rd ASEAN-Japan Summit on Cooperation on ASEAN Outlook on the Indo-Pacific as a form of realization of the ASEAN Outlook on the Indo-Pacific.
Source : thejakartapost.com, liputan6.com
Why you report this article?
What do you think?
Give a comment