Countdown: Techo Int'l Airport Construction Set for October Finished, Mid-2025 Takeoff

Countdown: Techo Int'l Airport Construction Set for October Finished, Mid-2025 Takeoff

The first phase of the construction of Techo International Airport in Cambodia is expected to be completed by October this year, with the official opening scheduled for mid-2025. As of February 27, construction of the first phase has reached 66.1%, according to the Cambodian Secretariat of Civil Aviation.

The report also confirmed that the core infrastructure construction of the Techo International Airport project has been completed on schedule. Specifically, the progress of the terminal construction has reached 58.6%, the power supply center has reached 76.8%, the runway-related work has reached 64.4%, and the air traffic control tower has reached 100%.

With a total construction value of US$1.5 billion, the airport is located in Kandal and southern Takeo provinces, about 20 kilometers from downtown Phnom Penh. Construction of the airport will begin in June 2020.

Managed by Cambodia Airport Investment Co., Ltd., the project is a private-public collaboration, with Overseas Cambodia Investment Corporation (OCIC) holding a majority stake of 90% and the Civil Aviation Secretariat holding the remaining 10%. To date, Cambodia Airport Investment Co., Ltd. has spent a total of US$961 million in construction costs.

Classified as a Class 4F international airport, standing majestically on 2,600 hectares of land, the construction of the airport is planned in three distinct phases. The first phase is expected to last from 2020 to 2030, followed by the second phase from 2030 to 2050, and the third phase from 2050 onwards.

In the first phase of construction, the airport will be able to handle 13 million passengers per year. This is expected to increase to 30 million passengers in the second phase after 2030, and to 50 million passengers in the third phase by 2050.

It is estimated that the airport will begin commercial operations next year, becoming the largest aviation facility in Cambodia. Once operational, Techo International Airport will replace the role of Phnom Penh International Airport (PNH), which has been in operation since 1995 with a 45-year investment contract until 2040.

Terima kasih telah membaca sampai di sini