9 Stunning Photos That Will Make You Want to Visit Thailand
With its bustling cities, gorgeous beaches, and rich cultural history, Thailand is a hot spot for tourists.
Photo-sharing app EyeEm hosted a Thailand-centric contest that asked photographers to submit their best shots from the streets of this photogenic country.
The results were stunning images that provide a glimpse into what Thailand has to offer.
1. There are more than 30 airports across the country, but Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport serves the most international travellers.
2. On May 11, 1949, the country was officially renamed Thailand, which means 'land of the free'. The country was formerly known as Siam.
3. One traditional Thai dish is red curry, which is made with curry paste cooked in coconut milk. The dish can be prepared with various meats, such as chicken, beef, pork, or shrimp.
4. Stalls at Bangkok's Chatuchak Weekend Market sell everything from mangoes to fried water bugs.
5. Thailand's national animal is the elephant. Though many elephants have been abused for the sake of tourism over the years, there are many nature parks across the country where tourists can responsibly interact with domesticated elephants.
6. Almost 95% of Thai people practice Theravada Buddhism, the official religion of Thailand.
7. Authentic Thai food is a major attraction for tourists.
8. In the 19th century, Bangkok was known as the 'Venice of the East' because of its canals and waterways, which have since been paved over and filled. Bangkok is now a bustling metropolis.
9. 'Fish spas' have become popular in more recent years. Here, salon-goers allow small fish to nibble dead skin off their feet.
Source : This is part of an article originally published by Business Insider Australia
Why you report this article?
What do you think?
Give a comment