AirAsia Cambodia, the 7th Airline of AirAsia

AirAsia Cambodia, the 7th Airline of AirAsia

AirAsia Cambodia, the new unit of the renowned low-cost AirAsia Group, has launched flights from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap and Sihanoukville. After receiving its certification on 30 April, the airline immediately launched operations on 2 May. As a result, travel to Kamboja is now more affordable and two new destinations have been added to AirAsia's network of over 160 destinations.

On its first day of operation, AirAsia Cambodia flew an Airbus A320 (XU-819) from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap. Flight KT102 took off at 07:40 and landed at Siem Reap International Airport (REP) at 08:30. According to AirAsia, the flight was almost 100% full.

The airline is a partnership between the AirAsia Group, which owns 51% of the shares, and local company Sivilai Asia, which owns the remaining 49%.

During the inaugural flight, the airline said it would launch an international network in the third quarter of this year, perhaps via AirAsia's hubs in Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and Singapore.

According to ch-aviation, the airline currently operates a single 2012 Airbus A320-200, registered UX-819 and MSN 5109. This aircraft was initially operated by LATAM Airlines Brasil with registration PR-MYS from April 2012 to August 2017. It then joined AirAsia India as VT-IXC from August 2017 to April 2022, before being re-registered as XU-819 with AirAsia Cambodia.

However, the airline is said to be acquiring a second aircraft soon.

AirAsia Cambodia has launched a service between Siem Reap and Sihanoukville on its first day of operation, offering three domestic routes from Kamboja. Travelers from Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok can connect directly to Angkor and Sihanoukville via Phnom Penh. The AirAsia Group also offers 63 international flights per week to Kamboja and daily flights between Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Sihanoukville.

Terima kasih telah membaca sampai di sini